Jews for Jesus is looking for volunteers who understand the value of Jewish evangelism, and can help us spread this passion with the millions of Christians who visit our website every year. While we have a fair amount of Jewish visitors, the vast majority of our visitors are Christians reading our articles.
Did you know that many Jewish people come to faith through the witness of Christian friends and relatives? With this in mind, we are looking for volunteers who can represent Jews for Jesus’ passion for the lost by helping equip our Christian visitors to know how to effectively engage Jewish people with the Gospel.
If you are interested in sharing your faith in Jesus with others, Jews for Jesus has a program that enables you to chat with seekers through the Jews for Jesus Live Chat platform. We have full training and mentorship to help you succeed.
What is the Online Evangelism Team?
The Online Evangelism Team is a group of trained volunteers who represent Jews for Jesus’ passion for the lost by helping equip our Christian visitors to know how to effectively engage Jewish people with the Gospel and participate in the practice of active listening with seekers to the Jews for Jesus Live Chat platform.
Who can become an Online Evangelism Team volunteer?
The team is designed for any evangelical believer who:
- Has a heart to equip Christians who visit our site with how to share the Gospel with their Jewish friends and neighbors
- Is in agreement with the Jews for Jesus Statement of Faith
- Is already Computer, Internet, and/or Social Media literate
- Completes the application, selection, and training program
What does an Online Evangelism Team volunteer do?
- Communicate with believers and seekers on our LiveChat system on our website at your own pace and in your spare time.
- Each Online Evangelism Team volunteer has a unique ministry that is tailored based on his or her abilities, interests, and availability.
What does training consist of?
Training is conducted through online written material, videos, quizzes and a ministry evaluation. Because of this, an Online Evangelism Team volunteer can go through training in the comfort of his or her own home at his or her own pace.
The following topics are covered:
- Basic Apologetics
- Basic Jewish Evangelism
- Skill training on using the LiveChat platform
- Best Practices of online outreach
- Social Media Outreach Training* (Optional)
- Continued mentorship by Jews for Jesus missionaries and staff
Our specific training materials are regularly being updated to reflect the ever-changing nature of communication trends.
Since the Online Evangelism Team is geared for those who are already familiar with Social Media platforms, our training does not cover basic computer or internet use.
The training program takes less than 6 hours for most people to complete.
Is there a time commitment required?
There is no specific time commitment. You can spend 1 or 2 hours at a time for maximum efficiency, but dates and times are flexible! Chat when it is convenient for you. There are always visitors waiting to chat with us, so there is never a dull moment.
How can I become an Online Evangelism Team volunteer?
|Submit an Online Evangelism Team volunteer application here!||For more information,
please contact us here.